Today, most companies are operating on a shifting schedule. However, most people are not willing to work during graveyard shifts, which is quite understandable. This will ruin your body clock and some studies even suggest that it is a possible cause of cancer. Aside from health issues, social life is also affected. Fortunately, employees have the option to quit the corporate world and look for a work-at-home type of job. Online jobs allows a virtual worker to set their own working hours depending on their lifestyle and personal preferences. As long as they are able to meet the deadlines, working schedules are not a problem.
Now, the question is do you have what it takes in becoming a virtual worker?
Top Skills Required For Becoming A Successful Virtual Worker
- Discipline. One of the many reasons why a lot of individuals are dreaming of working online is the chance of doing your tasks at the comfort of your own home. This means that you will not have an immediate boss. When your employer wants to assign a task to you, he can simplIt is the virtual age, so they say. Almost everything is transacted via the internet. Online shopping, online banking, online school, online job, online games, etc. These are just a few of the things that we can do online. It makes sense you’re interested to become a virtual assistant.
Having said this, there is a huge market for virtual assistance. It is a growing industry and experts say that revenues for the last couple of years amounted to $130 billion. What does it mean to you?
Well, it gives you opportunities to create multiple income streams. You can be a virtual assistant yourself. Or, you can start your very own virtual assistance business. Below is the list of reasons why you should become a virtual assistant:
Reasons To Become A Virtual Assistant
- Make a Living in The Comfort of Your Own Home- Forget about the hassles of daily transportation, heavy traffic, and the inconveniences of having a boss. This will enable you to live a completely different yet favorable lifestyle.
- Do Whatever You Are Passionate About- To become a virtual assistant, does not necessarily mean that you are going to do mindless clerical tasks. You can be a creative writer, a blog/website manager, or a call center agent. There is an endless opportunity to work on your passions.
- Meet People From All Over The World- Since this is a virtual business, dealing with people of various nationalities is common. This means more chances of meeting individuals who are in need of your services.
- Work at The Most Convenient Schedule- If stagnancy is something that you hate, being a full-time VA means that you get the freedom of working at hours that fit your personal preferences. You can opt to work in the morning, afternoon or night.
“If you become a virtual assistant, your success is dependent on you!”
- Achieve Your Own Dreams and Your Own Goals- When you work for a company or for an employer, your personal ambitions will be set aside. This is not so with having your own virtual assistance company. Every effort that you exert is for your own benefits and advantages.
- More Time For Yourself and Family- Now you can be with your kids while working. You can set hours for your VA tasks and for your housework chores. The best part is this will also allow you to do other things that you thought not possible due to lack of time like yoga or dancing classes.
- Hire and Inspire Other Individuals- Once your business is getting bigger, you will need to employ additional staff to handle jobs you can no longer perform. Hire a friend and inspire her to start her own business too.
These are a few benefits if you decide to become a virtual assistant. Device a plan and create a timeline. Goals should have a clear target date. Keep track of your achievements and more importantly, learn from your mistakes. That is the only way to grow and become successful in your chosen field. Read more about Reasons to Become A Virtual Assistant.y send an email or chat with you via Skype. This sounds fantastic, right? It is. But you have to remember that although you are not being monitored by anybody, you must be responsible enough to deliver the job on time with the highest quality possible. In other words, self-motivation is a must and it is quite impossible to do that without self-discipline.
- Focus. If you are working for more than one employer, you have to ensure that each of them will be served appropriately. You have to set your priorities. Arrange a clear schedule. For instance, Mondays through Thursdays will be allotted for employer 1. Then Fridays to Saturdays will be spent for employer 2. Finally, you also need a rest day for yourself so you need a self-imposed day-off. Sunday is a good choice as friends and family are also free during that day.
“Enjoy The Benefits of Becoming A Virtual Worker”
- Dedication. Being a virtual worker allow you to work in your comfort zone, which can be a problem too. There are the kids, TV, pet, and other factors that may distract you from doing your job. However, this will also test your dedication to your work. While it’s true that your top priority is your spouse and children, a dedicated online staff is willing to accomplish his tasks even if it means working at wee hours of the night. You see, sometimes graveyard is inevitable.
- Flexibility. A virtual worker is often assigned with various tasks which are not limited to clerical, technical, and there are even times when you have to do manual jobs. You might be asked to copy and paste thousands of information into a spreadsheet. Or, you might be asked to write a press release and submit it to the top 25 PR websites. Etc. You have to be as versatile as much as possible.
- Honesty. Since you are not required to “punch in and out” and that no one is directly monitoring how many task you are able to finish in an hour, being honest is essential to working online. For example, if you are a virtual writer and you know that you can finish writing a 500 words article in 2 hours, don’t make it appear like you can finish it in 3 hours. That would be stealing of time.
Having said everything, virtual worker ethics is, more or less, similar to working in the corporate world. You have to equip yourself with both professional and moral traits in order to succeed. Read About More About Reasons to Become a Virtual Assistant