In 2019, social media is about far more than just keeping in touch with friends or making sure you gain an invite to that big party on the week. These days, social media is a very important – not to mention easily accessible – marketing tool for businesses from a wide range of industries.
In recent times, it has become apparent that social media marketing is more affordable and more effective than some of the more traditional marketing methods – such as television, print and radio adverts. As the demand increases, a greater number of online marketing companies are starting up; most of these agencies offer social media management as a service. While some businesses opt to manage their own campaigns, others hire a social marketing agency to do it for them – for example, they might hire a company that offers professional Facebook management. Generally, professional social media services are quite affordable, save time, and make it easier for those who aren’t all that familiar with how social media works.
The Benefits With Social Media
There are a number of benefits to running a social media marketing campaign, such as:
- Broad reach – It’s possible to reach a local audience, as well as people halfway around the world.
- Easy to target a specific audience – Social media platforms hold a lot of information about their users, making it easy for businesses to locate and target a very specific audience.
- Affordable – Setting up profiles on social media sites are normally free. The only costs involved surround hiring a marketing company to do it for you. For example, if you hire a LinkedIn management company, you may have to pay a set monthly fee to cover management costs.
- Quick and easy – If you do choose to manage your own social media marketing, the good news is it is fast and you really don’t need to be a computer or marketing whiz to figure it out.
- Build your brand – Social media makes it easy to connect with both current and future clients on a personal level, building your brand image and boosting consumer confidence in the process.
The Risks With Social Media
The risks are relatively low when it comes to social media marketing, however there are a couple of points to consider:
- Wasted time and money – As with any marketing venture, there is a chance that your efforts may not deliver a good ROI. Social media marketing is no exception, however the amount of time and money you could waste is considerably lower than with other marketing ventures.
- Information spreads fast – And it’s not limited to good information. Whether you’ve accidentally posted something you probably shouldn’t have, or it’s a negative review from a disgruntled customer, there’s a chance it’ll spread like wildfire.
- Legal implications – It’s possible to fall victim to legal issues if you fail to understand the laws surrounding spam, privacy information and other online issues.
Social Media Platforms
There are a number of social media platforms to choose from, such as:
- Customer review sites
- Coupon sites
Different sites suit different business needs, so it’s best to do your research before deciding which platforms to target.
Social media marketing is an effective way to boost your business’s brand image and better connect with consumers. Whether you’re considering managing your own social media accounts, or are looking to hire an agency that can do it for you, do your research. It pays to understand social media before jumping in the deep end!